Animal Licensing

The City of Ghent requires that all dogs and cats be licensed.  Please click below to fill out the required application, submit vaccination records and make payment.  If you own a dog or cat,  please be a courteous pet owner and always keep your pet on a leash when out for a walk.  We also request that you clean up after your pet and do not allow them to be on the private property of others.  See TITLE IX: 91 Animals under the "Government" tab to read the complete ordinance regarding the keeping of animals.  

The City of Ghent contracts with the Lyon County Sherriff's Department to provide assistance to our residents and is dedicated to helping protect the health, safety and welfare of both people and animals in our community.  Contact them @ 537-7666 to request assistance with the following items. 

  • Reporting a stray animal
  • Investigating dangerous animals
  • Barking dog complaints
  • Any other Ordinance enforcement related to animals

Contact Info

Lyon County Sherriff's Department
Non-Emergency Line